How to Hire a Concrete Contractor
Check References and Paving Experience
Need advice on how to hire a concrete contractor? Read these useful tips from American Asphalt:
- References: Advertisements and direct marketing can give you a choice of contractors, but ask for references to determine workmanship and customer service quality.
- Experience: Licensing and insurance are critical, but work experience makes a huge difference too. Talk to the concrete contractors about the road, driveway or sidewalk installation projects they have completed.
- Equipment: Type of equipment used will impact project completion time, concrete surface finish and durability. A contractor who uses the latest paving techniques and has the right equipment for the job is a good choice.
- Environment: There are certain environmental guidelines for debris disposal. Ask your contractor about the process they follow.
- Contract: Ensure that project scope and price is detailed in the contract to avoid hidden charges.
- Price: Don’t base your decision solely on price. Experience and work quality are very important.
Looking to install a roadway, parking lot or sidewalks? American Asphalt has done hundreds of concrete installations, repairs and replacements for commercial properties in the Hayward area. Our experience extends from demolition and removal of cracked and broken concrete to new construction work and special projects. Caltrans, the Oakland Coliseum, Stoneridge and the San Francisco Zoo are just a few of the many clients we serve.
What Makes a Concrete Contractor Stand Out?
Comprehensive Paving Services + Extended 3 Year Warranty
American Asphalt offers a range of paving services including new driveway and parking lot installation, road construction, surface repairs, crack filling and special concrete finishes. Our concrete contractors also provide additional services like ADA-compliant striping and signage erection—services that you may want to consider when you are thinking about how to hire a concrete contractor.
To ensure you are fully satisfied, we will perform a site walk-through once installation is complete, plus follow up after 30 days in case anything is missed. Using the latest equipment and paving solutions such as sealcoating for pavements and customized maintenance plans, we will help increase the life of your concrete surfaces.
An extended 3-year warranty on new installations is proof that we stand behind the quality of our work.
Customers across California, including those in Hayward, San Jose, Fremont, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Pleasanton, Livermore, San Leandro, Newark, Union City, Palo Alto, Marin County, San Mateo, Burlingame and Walnut Creek, Fairfield, Vacaville areas count on our concrete contractors for skilled commercial installations, repairs and maintenance.