Quality materials, regular maintenance and timely repairs are the simplest ways to make your pavement last longer. Neglect your paved surfaces and you can expect to be replacing them faster. The paving experts at American Asphalt share valuable tips to prevent early replacement and help lower your repair and maintenance expenses.
- Use quality materials to build your pavement: Your pavement needs a firm foundation, so ensure that quality materials are used to build each layer. From the subgrade to subbase, base and concrete slab, what you put in is important to the performance and life of your pavement.
- Know your load requirement: Pavement damage increases with higher load. Ensuring your paved structure can handle anticipated traffic is the key to lasting performance. At American Asphalt, weather and traffic patterns are always taken into account while formulating our proprietary mixes.
- Keep the water away: Even surfaces that seem as solid as a pavement can be broken down by water. Standing water (and moisture) creeps in between pavement layers and weakens the structure. Proper gradation of the asphalt mix and installation of an effective drainage system can prevent water from accumulating on your paved surfaces.
- Ensure proper drainage: Water permeates through pores and cracks to breakdown pavement structure and cause erosion. Over time, your pavement is also likely to swell, causing bigger cracks and further deterioration of the structure. Installing storm drains can prevent water accumulation and reduce the likelihood of frequent repair and early replacement.
- Remove all debris: Leaves and dirt encourage water accumulation, which will wear out your pavement faster. Regularly cleaning rocks, stones, leaves and dirt gives your property a clean look, prevents standing water and helps preserve your paved surfaces.
- Seal it: Did you know that your pavement and parking lot must be sealed every 2 to 4 years? Good quality sealcoating acts as a barrier against the elements and prevents your pavement from breakdown and erosion. Experienced property owners know that pavement sealing is a necessity not an option.
American Asphalt is a trusted local paving company with a reputation for high-quality work. Our long-lasting and cost-effective paving services are the first choice of commercial property owners and managers in the Bay Area. To ensure a quality finish and timely completion, we handle all aspects of the project in-house.
Pavement services by American Asphalt will help you maintain the value and safety of your property. We take pride in the surfaces we repair, install, and maintain. A unique 3-year warranty assures you of a job well done.
Customers across the Bay Area, including those in Hayward, San Jose, Fremont, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Pleasanton, Livermore, San Leandro, Newark, Union City, Gilroy, Palo Alto, Marin County, San Mateo, Burlingame, and Walnut Creek areas rely on our pavement services to maintain attractive and safe properties.
Contact us to learn more about how to make your pavement last longer. Call us at 800-541-5559 to inquire about our paving services.