Experienced Contractor to Build ADA Ramps for Bay Area Commercial Properties
Getting the Job Done Correctly
Is your commercial property compliant with ADA ramp requirements? Commercial and public properties as well as HOAs and other types of residential complexes in the San Francisco Bay Area must abide by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title III guidelines. In addition to slope dimensions, the ADA is also very specific about the location and placement of these accessible areas. Non-compliance can lead to severe penalties. At American Asphalt, we have installed hundreds of concrete ramps from parking lots to buildings and street curbs. As property owners and managers, you can rely on our meticulous team to correctly design and build ADA ramps for your commercial property.
Important Considerations for Installation of Concrete ADA Ramps
Our team frequently installs ADA-compliant concrete ramps for retail centers, schools, hospitals government, office and residential buildings. Here is an overview of the current compliance guidelines for your understanding.
- Location: Ramps must be adjacent or close to routes used by the public
- Slope, width and rise: Slope proportions must accommodate people with physical disabilities as well as those that are ambulatory. The 2010 Standards for Accessible Design stipulate:
- Ramps must have a slope (in the direction of travel) of no more than 1:12
- Cross slope of no more than 1:48
- Maximum rise allowed is 30 inches
- Handrails must be available on both sides of any ramp with a rise of more than 6 inches
- Minimum width between handrails is 48 inches as per the California code
- Landings: Required at the bottom and top, landings must be level, unobstructed and at least as wide as the ramp with a minimum length of 60 inches. They must also be designed to prevent water accumulation.
- Edge protection: Where applicable, edge protection is necessary on the sides of ramps as well as landings to prevent a wheelchair from slipping off.
Installation of new concrete sidewalks, walkways and parking lots, as well as any building renovations, must comply with ADA standards. As a preferred concrete contractor for Bay Area residential and commercial properties, our clients look to us as their trusted advisor. Since 2015, our company has won the coveted “Top Contractor of the Year” title based on the annual survey by Pavement, Maintenance and Reconstruction magazine.
Expert Crew Available to Build ADA-Compliant Ramps and Parking Lots
3-Year Warranty on New Installations
At American Asphalt, our experience goes beyond accessible ramps to include designing and building ADA-compliant handicap spaces in your parking lot. We also specialize in ADA-compliant striping requirements.
Our trained crew takes pride in the asphalt and concrete surfaces we install and maintain across the Bay Area. An extended 3-year warranty on all new concrete installations demonstrates the confidence we have in our work. To ensure you are fully satisfied, our concrete paving company does a 30-day follow up after project completion.
Take advantage of our annual maintenance plans to avoid expensive repair work and safety issues. We customize these plans to the unique needs of your property.
To help our customers make informed decisions, we host a day-long Pavement Maintenance Seminar each spring for clients and prospects. The event features live demonstrations of various pavement maintenance activities including grinding, dig-outs, crack sealing, concrete repair, fabric overlays, seal coats, slurry seal, and more.
Customers across Hayward, San Jose, Fremont, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Pleasanton, Livermore, San Leandro, Newark, Union City, Gilroy, Palo Alto, Marin County, Solano County, San Mateo, Burlingame, and Walnut Creek, CA, count on us to correctly install ADA ramps and handicap parking spaces. We are leaders in this industry.
Call us at 800-541-5559 or inquire online about hiring our crew to build ADA ramps for your commercial property.